Active Galactic Nuclei; Radio Galaxies; Galaxy Clusters; Interferometric Imaging
Ph.D. in Astronomy, December 2019, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Dissertation, Radio Galaxies in Massive Galaxy Clusters at z~1
- Advisor: Dr. Anthony Gonzalez
Master’s of Science in Astronomy, 2016, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Bachelor of Arts in Physics, 2014, St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN
Postdoctoral Fellow, Astronomical Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, Czech Republic (February 2020 - present)
ALMA Support Scientist, Czech ARC Node, Prague, Czech Republic (February 2020 - present)
Research Assistant, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL (August 2018 - December 2019)
Graduate Student Fellow, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL (August 2014 - August 2018)
- ExtRAC: Extended Radio Sources in Clusters (January 2020 - present)
- SHIVA: Searching for a Holistic Interpretation of Variable Accretion (January 2020 - present)
- SPARCS WG on Source Finding and Characterisation (February 2020 - present)
- MaDCoWS: The Massive and Distant Clusters of WISE Survey Collaboration (January 2016 - present)
PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
- Moravec, E. A. et al. The Massive and Distant Clusters of WISE Survey. IX. High Radio-Activity in a Merging Cluster, 2020b, ApJ.
- Moravec, E. A. et al. The Massive and Distant Clusters of WISE Survey. VII. The Environments and Properties of Radio Galaxies in Clusters at z~1, 2020a, ApJ, 88, 74.
- Moravec, E. A. et al. The Massive and Distant Clusters of WISE Survey. V: Extended Radio Sources in Massive Galaxy Clusters at z~1, 2019, ApJ, 871, 186.
- Moravec, E. A. et al. HST and Ground-based Spectroscopy of Quasar Outflows: From Mini-BALs to BALs, 2017, MNRAS, 468, 4539.
See ORCiD page (https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9793-5416)
- Moravec, E., A Resource for Creating a Website to Promote Your Scientific Work, 2020, BAAS, Vol. 52, Iss. 2, ID. 0211. arXiv
- J. Marvil and E. Moravec, VLA Self-Calibration Tutorial, October 2020, Karl G. Jansky VLA Turorials, NRAO CASA Guides
- Moravec E., Czekala I., and Follette K., The Early Career Perspective on the Coming Decade, Astrophysics Career Paths, and the Decadal Survey, Astro2020: Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics, 2019, APC White Papers, Bulletin of the American Astronomical Society, Vol. 51, Iss. 7, ID. 8.
- Moravec, E., Nguyen, L. T., and Percher, A. Training in Policy Memoranda Writing for Early Career Scientists, 2019, Journal of Science Policy & Governance, Vol. 15, Issue 1.
SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- JVLA — Created scheduling blocks for continuum observations for 4 projects (L-band, C-band, X-band; A and B configurations), imaged over 50 datasets.
- GBT — 2 weeks in-situ observational training, 35+ hours of observing experience with MUSTANG2, certified remote observer.
Interferometry: radio interferometric calibration and imaging, particularly self-calibration and wide-field, high-dynamic range imaging using multi-frequency-synthesis; multi-frequency datasets
Data Familiarity: VLA, VLA Surveys, Radio morphology catalogs, LoTSS, XMM SUSS, 4XMM-DR9, Swift UVOT SSC, Swift 2SXPS, Spitzer, PanSTARRS, DECaLS, HST COS spectra, MDM CCDS spectra, SDSS & BOSS spectra, WIYN IFU spectra (300 - 1000 nm), SNIFS IFU spectra from 2.2m telescope of University of Hawaii (400 - 1000 nm), Gemini GMOS Images
Astronomical Languages/Software: CASA, DS9, IRAF/PyRAF, IDL, Topcat
Programming Languages/Software: Python, Unix CLI/Bash, LaTeX, Git, C++